Mental Wellbeing in the Community
Networking Workshop hosted by Histon and Impington Community in partnership with South Cambridgeshire District Council
Monday 9 October at Histon and Impington Junior School at 6.30pm
The aim of this invitation only evening is to bring together parishes in south Cambridgeshire with professional and voluntary organisations for a networking and information-sharing session. The evening is part of the Histon & Impington Mental Wellbeing Week 2017 and follows the appointment of the Histon & Impington Mental Wellbeing Champion earlier in the year. We hope to encourage and support other parishes to explore opportunities to make positive Mental Health and Wellbeing interventions.
We will have a range of information stalls including:
- Centre 33
- Arts and Minds
1.Welcome and Introductions
2. Activity – Identifying the Issues
What brought you here? What do you need help with? What can you offer others?
3. Short presentations from Community Experience
- Neil Davies ‐ Histon and Impington
Background to HI MH Champion role. Identifying need. Identifying solution.
- Annabell Webb – HI MH Champion
How the role has developed in the first six months. What she has been
doing. Local response and successes.
- Lesley Birch – Headteacher HI Junior School
The primary schools’ experience with mental wellbeing and counselling
- Joy Bray – Great Wilbraham
MH First Aid in Great Wilbraham. How the scheme works, etc. Successes
4. Coffee and Networking – A chance to explore the information stalls
5. Short presentation on local resources
- Holly Hodge – Cambridgeshire County Council
- Jane Whitten – Cogwheel Trust
6. Activity – What Next?
Exploring local solutions to problems identified in initial activity.
7. Any Questions?
The event is taking place in Histon and Impington Junior School, The Green, Histon, Cambridge CB24 9JA on Monday 9th October